Mike SteuerwaldScrap Yard Dawgs Academy Director
Mike serves as the Director of the Scrap Yard Dawgs Academy as well as the Assistant General Manager of the National Pro Fastpitch team, Scrap Yard Dawgs.
PROFESSIONAL COACHING EXPERIENCE:
- Chicago Bandits – Head Coach (2010-Present): Responsibilities include game management, on field decisions, coaching infield, catchers and hitting, practice organization, helping coordinate team travel, community events and public relations.
- Rockford Thunder – Assistant Coach (2009): Responsibilities include coaching outfielders, slappers and 1st base, practice organization, community work, public relations, appearances, and team clinics.
COLLEGIATE COACHING EXPERIENCE:
- Elon University – Assistant Softball Coach (2011-2013): Responsibilities include practice organization, equipment orders and budgeting, coaching hitters and slappers, coaching catchers and infield, equipment, recruiting, in-game decisions and coaching 3rd base.
- Cuesta College – Head Softball Coach (2009-2011): Responsibilities include budgeting, scheduling, recruiting, strength and conditioning, fundraising, practice organization, and game management.
- Rockford College – Assistant Baseball Coach (2007-2009): Responsibilities include being the bullpen coach, strength and conditioning, player development, scouting, recruiting, summer camps and fall leagues.
- Rockford College – Interim Women’s Basketball Coach (2006-2007): Responsibilities included game decisions, player development, practice planning, recruiting, budgeting, scheduling, strength and conditioning, scouting, film exchange, and public relations.
HIGH SCHOOL COACHING EXPERIENCE:
- Boylan Catholic – Assistant Coach Boys’ Basketball (2007-2009): Responsibilities include in game decisions, player development, practice planning, scouting, film, strength and conditioning, and summer camps.
- Watertown High School – Assistant Coach Girls’ Basketball (2002-2006): Responsibilities included being the head sophomore coach, in game decisions, player development, strength and conditioning, scouting, and fundraising.
- Watertown High School – Assistant Softball Coach (2006): Responsibilities included working with the hitters and outfielders, practice planning and organization, scouting, fundraising, and strength and conditioning.